Highlights from annual team meeting -- december 8, 2019
The Holiday Party and Annual Meeting took place December 8. Everyone had a great time. Highlights included Larry's beautiful home, a lot of great food, crafts with Robin H., and the gift exchange. It was a great chance to meet the spouses and kids of lane mates not to mention trying to recognize fellow swimmers with their clothes on.
The team is required to hold an annual meeting and Tom did the honors. Topics included:
1) A brief history of GLAD
---- team formed by Robin O'Leary, April, 1989, at Evans Pool
GLAD celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2019!
2) Recognition of the many team members who help out with things ranging from --- opening up the pool every morning --- to tracking team finances/dues --- to serving on the Board --- to substitute coaching --- to helping us celebrate all those birthdays through the year. A heartfelt thank you to them all!
3) GLAD plans on continuing weekday workouts at View Ridge for the foreseeable future and again having Saturday morning workouts at Colman once that pool opens for its late spring through summer season.
4) A review of GLAD's fiscal health:
- in 2019 GLAD losses averaged ~$500/month
- as of January 1, 2020 dues will be increased to close the deficit as follows:
---- quarterly dues increase to $285 ($294.00 if paid online)
---- annual dues increase to $1,130 ($1,164.00 if paid online)
---- drop-in/punchcard won't change
5) The proposed 2020 budget was presented to the team and adopted.
6) A slate of officers to the GLAD Board was nominated and elected.
---- the Board will remain the same in 2020 as 2019
7) A proposal was made to create an endowment fund for major contributions given to GLAD in order to 1) support the long-term health of the team, 2) augment the coach's salary, and 3) support scholarships to swimmers for whom paying full dues is a financial hardship. The proposal was adopted.
---- in recognition of Robin O'Leary's role in forming the team and its longevity, the fund was named:
The Robin Brannman O'Leary Endowment Fund